The primary reason that we collect certain personal data is to provide the best possible level of customer service to you. It enables us to provide convenient and personalised user access and improve the features and usability of our products. Imfuna may also use your personal data to:
• use and take other actions with respect to such data (as described in the Terms of Service) in order to provide Imfuna's services;
• contact you occasionally to inform you about product announcements, new products and services, software updates and special offers (for more information see the "Direct Marketing" section below); and
• contact you where necessary or appropriate, for example, to respond to your query.
Where Imfuna sends you information for any purpose, it may be sent by e-mail (where you have given consent to do so) or by post.
Imfuna may collect information and use it for internal business purposes in a number of situations, for example:
• Demographic information such as your occupation and where you use your computer and mobile devices — to improve our understanding of our customer needs;
• Tracking information about your visit from the browser or Imfuna application on your computer or mobile device, including IP address, cookies (for more information see the "Cookies" section below) and the pages you request — to analyse trends, administer the site, track your navigation of the site, deliver relevant advertisements and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use (note that IP addresses are not linked to "personally identifiable information". This technology does not identify you personally, it simply enables Imfuna to compile statistics about our visitors and their use of our website); and
• Aggregate information from multiple users without personally identifying individuals, such as geographic region, which we may share with our business partners — to improve understanding of customer needs and provide relevant services. Again, this technology does not identify you personally.
Registered Imfuna users can view, change and update their personal data at any time by visiting the Imfuna account information page by signing in at www.imfuna.com. If you cancel your account, or delete any inspection or inspection content, it will no longer be accessible to you or others who may access the service, and your personal data will be removed from our system but there may continue to be residual copies of such information due to the nature of the computer system's operation and ongoing data back-up and archiving.
The Imfuna web site allows you to create an "Imfuna Username" based on your personal data. This is required in order to take full advantage of the Imfuna services. It also allows Imfuna to provide more personalised and secure service and saves time when you want to use the Imfuna services, update your software or settings, or share Imfuna-created products.
Certain portions of the Imfuna web sites and services are open to any online viewer. Imfuna enables you to determine whether or not to post personal or otherwise sensitive information to publicly accessible areas of our site, and so you should carefully consider how you use the services. Imfuna is not responsible for any publication or use of any personal data you choose to post in these locations, however, we reserve the right to remove any of your personal data if it is offensive, inappropriate or defamatory. Imfuna is not responsible for and disclaims all liability (apart from gross negligence or the contravention of any law) for any publication or use of any personal data you choose to post in these locations.
• We have your explicit consent to share the data;
• We need to share your information with others outside of Imfuna to fulfill your product or service request, including those who support Imfuna's business or process personal data on our behalf;
• We wish to contact you with information about products and services from our business partners, (where you have "opted in" to do so (see the "Direct Marketing" section below);
• We have a good faith belief that sharing or otherwise permitting access, disclosure, use or preservation of such information is reasonably necessary in order to comply with our legal obligations;
• You have explicitly requested information from Imfuna business partners, in which case it will be clear at the point of collection who is collecting the personal information and whose privacy statement will apply;
• We believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud or potential threats against persons or property;
• We believe it is necessary to investigate potential violations of our Terms of Service, or to enforce those Terms of Service; or
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, and if this happens (or may happen) we may disclose your data to the potential seller or buyer of such business or assets.
Cookies are small data files that a web site you visit may save on your hard drive that usually includes an anonymous unique identifier. A cookie cannot retrieve any other data from your hard drive, pass on computer viruses, or capture your e-mail address if you agree.
Our website uses both persistent and session cookies. Persistent cookies are cookies that stay on our computer permanently until you manually delete them. Session cookies delete themselves automatically when you leave a web site and go to another one or shut down your browser. The persistent and session cookies used on our web site are based on the International Chamber of Commerce guide for cookie categories as follows:
• Strictly Necessary Cookies – these are essential for you to move around our web site and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of our web site.
• Performance Cookies - these collect information about how you use the web site, such as the pages you visit and any errors that you encounter.
• Functionality Cookies – these are used to provide you with services or to remember your preferences in order to improve your experience of our web site.
• Targeting Cookies – these are used to deliver adverts that are relevant to you and to also provide advertisers with information on your visit so they can in the future provide you with other adverts you may be interested in.
You can configure your browser to accept cookies, reject cookies or notify you when a cookie is being used. However, if you configure your browser to reject cookies (especially Strictly Necessary, Performance and Functionality cookies), you may not be able to use Imfuna products or services that require you to sign in or to otherwise take advantage of all the features of the Imfuna web site. Please note however that this will not remove cookies that have already been placed on your computer or prevent them from being read. To delete existing cookies you will need to delete them manually from your computer.
As mentioned above, Imfuna may allow third party business partners that display advertisements on some of our web pages to maintain their own cookies on your computer (the Targeting Cookies). These business partners do not have access to Imfuna's cookies and their use is subject to their own privacy policies and consent requirements.
You give us your consent to receive marketing information from us about our products and services that we believe may be of interest to you by choosing not to opt-out. You give us your consent to receive marketing information from third parties about their products and services by choosing to opt-in.
We will keep your contact details for marketing purposes for as long as we have your consent to do so in accordance with this paragraph.
Imfuna is committed to protecting the security of your information and takes reasonable precautions to protect it. However, Internet data transmissions, whether wired or wireless, cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure and as a result we cannot ensure the security of information you transmit to us; accordingly, you acknowledge that you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your data transmission, we make commercially reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our systems:
• Your Imfuna password is protected by encryption and only you have access to it;
• Your personal information and data stored in our systems is protected by various physical, electronic and procedural safeguards. It is housed in a secure facility and Imfuna restricts physical and network access to this facility to select trained staff and regularly evaluates its technologies, facilities, procedures and potential risks to maintain the security and privacy of our users' data. As a rule, Imfuna employees do not monitor or view your personal information or content stored in the Imfuna service, but it may be viewed if we learn that our Terms of Service may have been violated and confirmation is required, or we otherwise determine that we have an obligation to review it; and
• Certain Imfuna services support the use of standard SSL encryption to protect data transmissions. However, this is not a guarantee that such data transmissions cannot be accessed, altered or deleted due to firewall or other security software failures.
If Imfuna learns of a security system breach we may: (i) attempt to notify you through the email address that you supplied during registration or post a notice on our website (if available) if you are affected by the breach to allow you to take steps to protect yourself and Imfuna may provide information on protective steps that you may wish to consider taking; and/or (ii) notify appropriate regulatory bodies to enable them to perform their functions, provide advice and deal with complaints. Depending on where you live, we may send such notices in writing via post. To request written notice of any security breach in writing, please send an e-mail with your request and mailing address to us on the "Contact Us" page.
Imfuna is not currently directed to children. We will not knowingly collect personal information relating to children under 13 years of age, and if we learn that we have inadvertently done so, we will promptly delete it wherever possible.
If Imfuna should ever sell its assets, merge with another entity or file for bankruptcy, information collected from this web site and in the operation of the services, including personal data, may be transferred as assets of Imfuna, provided that such transfer may not prejudice your rights in any way.