Originally published by LandlordZone
Imfuna Let is a new and unique digital inventory system providing the most comprehensive solution on the market today. Unlike other software products, Imfuna Let has been developed to intuitively take the user through the entire process of collection, reporting, editing, sharing and ultimately storing the full history of a property. At each step Imfuna Let is designed to take the frustrations and challenges out of the process and provide the user with a simple yet highly professional experience.
Jax Kneppers, founder of Imfuna Let, comments: “This is a pivotal moment for the lettings industry. Where reporting had hitherto been time consuming and awkward, it has today been dragged into the 21st Century. Not only will it transform the inventory process, providing an opportunity to leave behind the cumbersome paper-based approach but it will also create a step-change in the way that landlords market and manage their properties, through the provision of a full historical record of a property. It will also become a vital tool in the settling of disputes. This standardisation and democratisation of data collection and the reporting method are key to our vision. Ultimately what we have produced is a work product – something tangible that will become an exceedingly transparent end product that benefits all parties in the lettings process.
“The appetite amongst letting agents to improve the system is certainly there, in fact recent research told us that nearly 50% of letting agents feel that automating the process will free up their time to invest in more strategic activity, ultimately growing the business. The vision for Imfuna Let is to take the core skills used in the inventory process and apply them using the latest digital technology.”
How it works
The Imfuna Let application can be downloaded to any iPhone or Android mobile device. The user is then able to collect data at the property in a uniform and standardised format as well as take unlimited digital photographs. However, unlike other inventory software solutions, Imfuna Let includes dictation and transcription within the application. This truly innovative product feature will allow inventory clerks to continue with the dictation process but with Imfuna Let not only will the user be able to easily replay and redo the recording on site but the full transcription will be included in the report just 24 hours later.
After the data is collected, the user can then access the Imfuna portal online and at this point is able to check, edit, make additions to and tailor the report, including amending any dictation notes. The report can be easily shared with the relevant parties and all further comments are automatically date and time stamped to provide an accurate and traceable reporting trail. Over time this online portal will retain the full historical data of any property that can accessed by property owners, letting agents or inventory professionals.
Simon Smith of KS Property Lettings has been using Imfuna Let for all his reporting needs for the last 6 months. Simon comments: “I’ve been really impressed with Imfuna Let. It offers a very comprehensive solution and for me the outstanding benefit is the time it has saved me and my staff. I’ve also found that when I’ve employed new staff they get up and running on it easily. I no longer spend my evenings typing up reports and the end result is a report that looks very professional and…delivers exactly what my clients need.”
Key Features of Imfuna Let
- No set up is required. Simply download the application using either an iPhone or Android mobile and you are ready to start inspecting
- The condition reporting allows for uniform data collection, making reports transferable, easy to track and also significantly reduces the time required to train new staff
- Automatically formatted comparison reports for mid-term and check out reporting
- Unlimited storage of inspection data and reports as long as your account is active
- All amendments and additions are date and time stamped providing a traceable chain of data that will stand up in any deposit dispute
- Seamlessly incorporates voice dictation and transcription that can be instantly played back and edited with full transcription incorporated into reports within 24 hours
- Three formats of data collection are available:
- – Simple and fast room reporting using dictation and digital photography
- – Dictation and digital photography at an item level for slightly more in-depth reporting
- – Full condition reporting at a very detailed level, combined with dictation and digital photography
- The Imfuna Let online platform provides secure storage of all reports and can be accessed from anywhere using the internet
- Reports can be edited and additional personal notes easily added and shared using the platform
- Easy to follow comparison reports are also available allowing the user to compare any combination of condition reports for a given property
Jax Kneppers has been in the construction and building industry for over 25 years. His experience is extensive and after qualifying as a mechanical engineer he then went on to set up his own company Jax Kneppers Associates which he still runs today. One of the USA’s most highly respected construction consultancies, Jax Kneppers Associates works for government agencies as well as developers, insurance companies, owners and design professionals. Jax depth of knowledge has also meant that he is often called upon to act as an expert witness in construction and property litigation cases often with millions of dollars at stake.